Everyone loves traveling. We all have a different definition of traveling. For me, traveling is love while for some, it is a passion, profession, a feeling of living the life to its potential and so on. According to a survey done by packers and movers, people are making traveling as their full-time profession since traveling to different places and enjoying entirely new surroundings and culture experience is something that brings happiness and a sense of satisfaction that they have done something in their life.
According to packers and movers, travel is a motivational task that all of us should do so that we can keep ourselves motivated and energetic in our lives. It fills you with emotions and teaches you how to deal with the situations. There are many people who became famous travelers and they taught us how to go to places that you have never seen in your life. And these famous people express their travel feelings with the help of quotes. Here in this wonderful blog, we are going to list some of those famous travel quotes.
1. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all”
- Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde was a famous Irish poet and playwright of 1880s and 1890s. He has given us so many wonderful short travel quotes that inspire those who felt the emotions attached to it. He had traveled many places and discovered great traditions in his time.
2. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well”
- Eugene Fodor
Eugene Fodor was an American classical violinist. He has made his debut as a violinist when he was 10. A person who was so dedicated to the violins has also given us wonderful and short travel quotes that inspired many.
3. “Please be a traveler, not a tourist. Try new things, meet new people, and look beyond what’s right in front of you. Those are the keys to understanding this amazing world we live in.”
- Andrew Zimmern
Andrew Zimmern is an American culinary expert, chef, restaurateur, television personality, radio personality, director, producer, entrepreneur, food critic, journalist, teacher, and author. Despite being so talented, he loves traveling and exploring the world. This was the travel quote or wanderlust quote given by him for people who have the same feeling.
4. “I travel because seeing photos in brochures wasn’t good enough for me. It was to be there, that was everything”
- Wiremu Ratcliffe
5. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all”
- Helen Keller
Helen Keller was an American author, political activist, and lecturer. She was the first deaf-blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree. This was the famous travel quote given by her which got famous in less time and inspired many lives to seek for the adventure in life.
6. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience”
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt was an American political figure, diplomat and activist. She was the First Lady of the United Nations Commission on Human Rights. Since she was a political figure, she was needed to visit places to take better political decisions. She has also given us few famous travel quotes of all times.
7. “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life”
- Michael Palin
Michael Palin is an English comedian, actor, writer and television presenter. He was a member of the comedy group Monty Python. Since 1980 he has made a number of travel documentaries. One of his best travel quote is the one stated above.
8. “The world is big and I want to get a good look at it before it gets dar”
- John Muir
John Muir also known as "John of the Mountains" and "Father of the National Parks", was an influential Scottish-American , naturalist, author, environmental philosopher, glaciologist, and early advocate for the preservation of wilderness in the United States of America. Since he was a nature-lover, there’s no reason to skip his wonderful travel quote from our list.
9. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.”
- Jennifer Lee
Jennifer Lee is an American screenwriter, film director, playwright, and chief creative officer of Walt Disney Animation Studios. She is best known as the writer and director of Frozen, for which she earned an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. Her creativity and writings cannot be ignored. Therefore, her famous travel quote is mentioned in our list.
10. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later”
- Randy Komisar
Randy Komisar is a San Francisco-based general partner at venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, is dedicated to partnering with entrepreneurs to create businesses with leading-edge technology. He also wrote The Monk and the Riddle. One of his famous travel quote is stated above.
11. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”
- Martin Buber
Martin Buber was an Austrian-born Israeli Jewish philosopher best known for his philosophy of dialogue. He was nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature ten times, and Nobel Peace Prize seven times. Above stated words is the most famous travel quote given by him to inspire wanderlusts.
12. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page”
- Agustine of Hippo
Agustine of Hippo was a Roman African, early Christian theologian and philosopher from Numidia whose writings influenced the development of Western Christianity and Western philosophy. His famous traveling quote was the one stated above and has deep meaning.
13. “Life is short and the world is wide”
- Simon Raven
Simon Raven was an English writer, prolific in many media, but noted for his controversial lifestyle as much as for his literary output. Being an English writer, he used to travel a lot. His best wanderlust quote was “Life is short and the world is wide”.
14. “Life is a journey. Make the best of it.”
One of the best “life is a Journey” short travel quote.
15. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer”
Most famous short travel quote of all time.
16. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
- Andre Gide
Andre Gide was a French author and winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature (in 1947). Gide's career ranged from its beginnings in the symbolist movement, to the advent of anti-colonialism between the two World Wars. His best short travel quote was “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
17. “Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.”
- Suzanne Collins
Suzanne Collins is an American television writer and author. She is known as the author of The New York Times best-selling series The Underland Chronicles and The Hunger Games trilogy. She wrote this most influential wanderlust quote for the travelers’ inspiration.
18. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Oliver Wendell Holmes was an American jurist who served as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. His most wisdom-filled short travel quote was the one we stated above.
19. “My favorite thing to do is go where I’ve never been”
This was the one short quote that influenced me the most and it was uttered by an anonymous. Sitting at home will not give you anything useful.
20. “When was the last time you did something for the first time?”
- John C. Maxwell
John C. Maxwell is an American author, speaker, and pastor who has written many books, primarily focusing on leadership. Titles include The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership and The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader. His books have sold millions of copies, with some on the New York Times Best Seller List. One of the most inspiring travel quote was “When was the last time you did something for the first time?”
21. “If I’d learnt one thing from traveling, it was that the way to get things done was to go ahead and do them. Don’t talk about going to Borneo. Book a ticket, get a visa, pack a bag, and it just happens.”
- Alex Garland
Alex Garland is an English novelist, screenwriter, film producer, and director. He rose to prominence as a novelist in the late 1990s with his novel. His famous travel quote was the one we stated above. It was the best and the most inspirational short travel quote or wanderlust quote that inspires you not to stop moving..
22. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone”
- Neale Donald Walsch
Neale Donald Walsch is an American author of the series Conversations with God. He is also an actor, screenwriter, and speaker. The best ever life and travel quote from him.
23. “You don’t choose the day you enter the world and you don’t choose the day you leave. It’s what you do in between that makes all the difference.”
- Anita Septimus
Anita Septimus is a mental health service in New York City. One of the most influential short travel quote recited by Anita is actually a truth that you don’t choose the day you enter the world and you don’t choose the day you leave. It’s what you do in between that makes all the difference.
24. “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world”
- Gustave Flaubert
Gustave Flaubert was a French novelist. Highly influential, he has been considered the leading exponent of literary realism in his country. He is known especially for his debut novel Madame Bovary (1857), his Correspondence, and his scrupulous devotion to his style and aesthetics. He once quoted “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world” and it became one of the best travel quote.
25. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and focus on what could go right”
Well said by an anonymous writer. This short travel quote has a deep meaning and if is considered positively in life, one can achieve anything he or she wants.
Life has a lot to talk and we all are getting deafer day by day as we all are busy in our daily hectic schedule, running after the money and moving from one place to another. Life has a lot to teach, it only needs you to pay attention to those things which are being neglected by the greed in the eyes. I know that work is important but one should go for a trip at least once in every 6 months. Because moving from places to places will not only make you feel refreshed but will also increase your concentration over the work you do.